Thursday, September 20, 2012

When the alarm goes off?

So, typically my day starts around  5 AM.  That doesn't mean the alarm is set that early but our golden retriever Mandy usually starts to stir about that time. For the most part, I don't mind the early mornings or the late nights because I happen to love, yes LOVE what I do. Every single day is different from the day before. I don't spend a lot of time at home in the morning, I just kinda take a shower and get ready to work. So this morning , I had to find a jacket to wear and during my 12 minute commute to work, it was decided that the wine chiller machine needed to be put away for the season. I mean who really wants a frozen wine drink when they have to wear a jacket.

So after I took the machine apart, I was kind of sad but it will be back in the Spring. On the brighter side, our  wine order that we placed yesterday was getting unloaded from the truck. I had totally forgotten that it included some spiced wine for the Fall. One of my personal favorites is Hollowine from Illinois River Winery.

It's  so yummy and its best when its heated, so basically its the opposite of the chillers and I thought to myself that was perfect timing. Having wine at the store has been so much fun for Team Fudge.

For those who are unfamiliar with the wine tasting at the store, here's a little lesson on what you do.
Basically its easy, you drink wine!  You get to try 7 different wines for 4.00 any time the store is open. There are also special events that you can attend. There is a series we call First Friday and at 7 pm on those nights , you can experience a food pairing /wine event. The cost is 15. per person and you will need to call the store at 309246-2262 to reserve your spot.  The next First Friday is October 5th.

So I started my day with a sip of Wine Chiller and am now ending it with a little Hollowine.

Someone has to be in charge of quality control right?


No comments:

Post a Comment