Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My house is NOT a Norman Rockwell Painting

Every year at this time I promise myself to be more organized for the upcoming holidays.
Every year a week before Christmas I ALWAYS find myself saying why do I wait so long to take of things that have to be done. So this year I am once again vowing it to be different.
So here is my step by step plan that I will share with you. It will be so incredibly
 nice to enjoy the season instead of feeling like a chicken running around with my head cut off ( that is not a pretty picture!)

1. Everything does NOT have to be perfect, my house does not and will not ever look like a Norman Rockwell painting, That is okay. I want to enjoy my family and not stress if the amaryllis will be blooming AND standing straight up. I will be happy if just one string of lights is still working on Christmas Morning.

2. I will make a budget  and a list (  I may not follow it to the letter...but at least I will have a plan!) I am thinking that some kind of plan will certainly be better than none at all.
At least that way, when it comes time to wrap gifts and send them I don't end up with a bunch of stuff for my sons and nothing for daughter. When that has happened in the past, my husband always ends up with a few odd gifts as I try to even things out.

3. I will shop early and that means soon...like maybe even tomorrow! I will try to use my dollars wisely and shop local whenever it's possible.( As an owner of a local business-It does matter!)
It will be fun to find a sale or two to take advantage of.

4. I will take time to smell the roses or in this case, the evergreens. Planning the holiday meal will be breeze if I get my menu together early and start stocking up on those things that I can stock up on.

5. In January I want to be able to say " Wow, that was so much fun!" instead of saying  " I am so glad that is over!"

What do you think??? Together we might have a chance of making this holiday season one of the best holiday seasons ever. Okay, are you with me? Happy Holidays to you( a little bit  early)
Sorry, I guess  I am an elf at heart.








No comments:

Post a Comment