Tuesday, August 21, 2012

So it all began.....

Apparently I knew a while ago that I wanted to blog, I see a very random post from 2009.
This time, I am much more committed that I guess I was in 2009. I asked a very smart guy named Clay from Xapsis Integrated Marketing this question... what should my first blog be about?? (I just realized that Clay gets my first blog shout out) He said start it like this..... "So... it all began"
My first thought was wow that seems a bit overwhelming but I am going to go with it.
I am going to just start with today for now,( I am sure to go back to the beginning many times)
So my day started today with me holding a small mini surf board in my hand scouring the town of Lacon, which is where the store is, looking for the perfect place to hide it ! Now you may think it strange but doing things just like that are kinda typical of what my day really is like. They are never the same and pretty much all very much enjoyable..... the surf board scavenger hunt is for a promotion to support the Old Settlers Festival that is coming up this weekend.... anyone who finds the board gets free fudge. Kinda fun! If someone told me years ago , I would be living in a small town and owning a shop , I would have said they were CRAZY.... but here I am, getting ready to celebrate the 6th anniversary of Julie's Corner Store. It was exactly 6 years ago this week I placed an OPEN flag on the oldest commercial building in town. This born and raised Chicago girl was now living in in the middle of farm country and I had so much to learn!

So if you have read this far, thank you! I promise to keep my posts short and sweet for you as you get an in depth look at who knows what???  Right now I have to figure out where to hide the surf board for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Well for your first blog I think your off to a great start. Six years sure does go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! It really has been an absolute pleasure to work with both you and Mike. Thank you for your trust and we look forward to working with you guys for a long time to come!!!

    ReplyDelete