Monday, August 27, 2012

Cake Decorating with a hand drill...really?

So yet once again another Old Settlers Fest has gone by. What a great time! The volunteers who put this together did and amazing job! The store got a 2nd place ribbon for its window ( which technically is 3rd but we are not complaining) We have always struggled in the float catgelory but we still have so much fun putting it together. The cake decorating contest was a complete blast and being able to fool the audience along with my husband was so much fun. Basically it was planned that he show up late and since he was supposed to bring the supplies I was all by myself on stage with no helper or supplies. The audience just jumped right in and started bringing me things they had on hand. A small child handed me their bag of animal crackers to decorate my cake, when Mike did show up he had a random bag of tools.... hammer , flashlight, drill basically nothing to actually decorate a cake. It was funny and he did such a fine job! My girls came to the rescue by giving me lottery tickets that they all had stashed in their purses and that is what ended up on top of the cake.
So many people asked me afterward if we planned it that way. We must have dome a good job if that many thought is was real... but neither Mike or I will be quitting our day jobs anytime soon.

The highlight of the weekend was running the 5K with my sister and my husband, serionsly who would have thought that was even possible! Living in the Illinois River Valley has changed me into someone I didn't know existed. Everyday offers new challenges that I never thought possible.
I can honestly say each day, I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings......


1 comment: